Use these tips to return from the event with advantages for your business.
The 2023 National Retail Federation (NRF) Retail’s Big Show is ready to return, full scale. The event, planned for January 14-17 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention in New York City, was virtual in 2021 and scaled back in 2022. This year, we’re looking for attendance to rival 2020’s, which saw 40,000+ at the NRF Big Show.
The theme, “Break Through,” is right on point for 2023. The event brings retail technology providers and businesses together, creating the opportunity for them to find solutions to meet next year’s challenges.
The NRF Big Show has tremendous potential to help you move your business forward. However, it takes planning to accomplish everything you want. These tips can help you make the most of the event and come home with the information and contacts you need.
A Strategic Approach to the NRF Big Show
Define your objectives
What's your goal for attending? You may want to use the NRF Big Show to compare solutions or look for new technologies that can help your business. Or your goal may be to build your network or find new partners. Remember to base all of your decisions when attending the event on those objectives.
Set up meetings in advance
Standing in line hoping to get a few minutes of a popular vendor’s attention isn’t the best use of the few days you have at NRF Retail’s Big Show. Make appointments when possible to make sure you’ll have quality interactions.
Also, when you schedule meetings, be realistic about the time it will take you to get from one booth to another. The Javits Center has 814,400 square feet of exhibit space, and it will be crowded. Use the Expo floor plan to create a feasible schedule.
Don’t miss once-in-a-lifetime opportunities
Business contacts and product demos are key NRF Big Show objectives, but the event also offers opportunities to inspire you as a business leader and learn from some of the best. Build time into your schedule to see featured speakers, such as:
- Olympian Simone Biles will share how she embraces teamwork and empowerment to inspire the next generation of women.
- John Furner, president and CEO of Walmart U.S., will host a conversation with Dr. James Cash, The James E. Robison Professor and Senior Associate Dean, Emeritus at Harvard Business School. Cash has been instrumental in Walmart’s minimum wage increases and in shaping the company’s workplace culture.
- Jeff Gennette, chairman and CEO of Macy’s Inc., will speak on how Macy’s plans to capitalize on its plan to become a digitally led, modern department store.
- Tim Baxter, CEO of Express, Inc., will present on fostering innovation to keep pace with consumer preferences while running the core business and providing support to current customers.
- Geoffroy van Raemdonck, Neiman Marcus Group, will speak on revolutionizing luxury experiences, including the sales-assisted model.
Leave time to discover what you don’t know in advance
Plan time to explore focused areas that pertain to your business, including:
- Innovation Lab: features breakthrough technology, including artificial intelligence, augmented reality, machine learning, facial recognition, and robotics
- Startup Zone: highlights the newest companies and their standout ideas
- Food Tech Pavilion: showcases the needs of food service operations, including point of sale and back-office systems
- Exhibitor Big Ideas: a venue for exhibitors to demo their products and share case studies
Visit the Ingenico booth
Make sure you stop at the Ingenico booth #3738 to learn about breakthroughs in payments technology that make it easy to integrate payments technology, including emerging payment methods, at the point of sale. We will also show you options for accepting payments efficiently and creating optimal customer experiences wherever shoppers engage.
Ensure you get the most out of your investment to attend NRF Retail’s Big Show. Make a plan to return from the event with the information, new business opportunities, a more powerful network, and inspiration you need to grow in 2023.